The haram police can see you! Authorities confiscate "anti-Islamic" glasses from UAE store
Authorities have seized 20 glasses from a store after an Emirati woman claimed they were offensive to Islam.
The woman took photos of the items to show to the Department of Economic Development.
“The department is investigating how these anti-Islamic glasses found their way into the UAE market and will take action against all those who had brought them in,” Faisal Alwan, Head of the control and inspection section at RAK Department of Economic Development, said.
The department has issued a warning to the owner of the store, he said. If the offence is repeated tough penalties will be imposed, which could result in the store being shut down, he added.
- Arab press report a boom of a womb? Saudi mother's uterus 'explodes' killing mother and unborn baby
- Can’t get it up? Fake viagra seized in the UAE
- Why so many fatwas in Dubai?
- Preppy with a dash of Islamaphobe: Abercrombie & Fitch 'wrong' for firing hijab-wearing girl
- UAE driver racks up $252,000 in traffic tickets