If you wannabe my husband, you gotta marry my friends: Saudi bride's bizarre demand to new husband
Saudi wedding (photo used for illustrative purposes)
A Saudi teacher has reportedly told the man who wanted to marry her that she had only one condition before accepting his proposal: He must marry her two friends at the school at the same time.
The would-be groom was shocked by her unexpected demand, but came under strong pressure from relatives and friends who eventually persuaded him to accept to marry the three women, Saudi daily Al Youm reported.
Under the deal, the bridegroom rented three apartments in the same building and lodged each of his brides in her own flat.
Polygamy is allowed in Saudi Arabia, and a man is entitled to take up to four wives, but must not differentiate between them and must treat them equally physically and emotionally and in regard to sustenance, expenditure, time and all obligations as a husband.
- Lessons in love: Saudi man marries schoolgirl, teacher and principal
- Matrimonial 'mare: Saudi exes marry in next-door wedding venues
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- American in Arabia on the latest niqabi must-have: Just Zip-it!
- Meeting your bride on your wedding day doesn't just happen in Saudi - Aussies are doing it on TV!