If you wannabe my husband, you gotta marry my friends: Saudi bride's bizarre demand to new husband
A Saudi teacher has reportedly told the man who wanted to marry her that she had only one condition before accepting his proposal: He must marry her two friends at the school at the same time.
The would-be groom was shocked by her unexpected demand, but came under strong pressure from relatives and friends who eventually persuaded him to accept to marry the three women, Saudi daily Al Youm reported.
Under the deal, the bridegroom rented three apartments in the same building and lodged each of his brides in her own flat.
Polygamy is allowed in Saudi Arabia, and a man is entitled to take up to four wives, but must not differentiate between them and must treat them equally physically and emotionally and in regard to sustenance, expenditure, time and all obligations as a husband.
- Saudi man finds himself married after going through with a dare by his friends
- Matrimonial 'mare: Saudi exes marry in next-door wedding venues
- We Want Pre-Nup! Saudi Man with too many wives divorces to marry more
- Two brides, One groom: We all know this isn't going to end well
- Saudi girls prefer careers over marrying rich