Check out this amazing app that maps all of Istanbul's street art
Anyone can submit art from the streets. (Photo courtesy of YourMiddleEast)
Click here to add ?stanbul as an alert
Disable alert for ?stanbul,
Click here to add Berlin as an alert
Disable alert for Berlin,
Click here to add Erbil Sivasl?o?lu as an alert
Disable alert for Erbil Sivasl?o?lu,
Click here to add İstanbul as an alert
Disable alert for İstanbul,
Click here to add London as an alert
Disable alert for London
Art enthusiast in Istanbul? We’ve got the app for you: Street Art Istanbul. Entrepreneur and street artist Erbil Sivaslıoğlu is trying to put Istanbul’s street art on the map, literally.
Sivaslıoğlu and his team strive to make Istanbul’s art more accessible with a free app that brings the city’s street art to the user in a click. The app provides customers with a map in addition to information about the artists and their works.
It was in 2012 that Sivaslıoğlu, together with Onur Erdemol, Gizem Oktay and Esra Pencereci released the app after realizing that compared to cities like London and Berlin, Istanbul’s street art wasn’t all that accessible.
“In London and Berlin, I saw excellent examples of street art, but I was thinking that İstanbul lacks such examples. Yet, when you look at the issue with a critical eye and search the Internet you see there is street art in İstanbul, but it's not in the limelight,” explained Sivaslıoğlu to Sunday’s Zaman.
Anyone can now submit art from the streets of Istanbul to the open platform and make sure that you, as its slogan goes: “Never miss the street art near you!”
- Jordan's Tragi-Comedy Stand-Up Acting Troupe: The New Voice of Reform
- And away we go! Travel apps to ease your journey
- This DSF the world renowned Chinese state circus checks in to Dubai festival city
- Sony Ericsson introduces Xperia arc, the ultimate smartphone with super slim design and state-of-the-art technology
- Nokia reaches out to Egypt’s Java Developers community at the 2012 Java Developers Conference