BANG! Egyptian teacher becomes internet hit after science experiment results in explosion
Bang: A chemistry teacher in Egypt has become a laughing stock after an explosive video of him bungling an experiment and causing a classroom explosion became a worldwide internet hit. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
A chemistry teacher in Egypt has become a laughing stock after an explosive video of him bungling an experiment became a worldwide internet hit.
The teacher - named locally in the Egyptian capital Cairo as Ahmed Gabr, 38, - was supposed to be showing the class how to produce a mild reaction by producing oxyhydrogen, or bang gas as it is also known.
But he apparently bungled the quantities and sent children screaming from the classroom when the tumbler he was using exploded, showering the room with sparks, flying glass and boiling chemicals.
Angry parents flooded the school with complaints as their children came home with chemical splattered clothing.
One - mother Asim Kanika, 36, - said: 'That man is a fool. Its amazing nobody lost an eye with all that flying glass.'
She added: 'He's very lucky that none of the children were really hurt, just very scared and shaken up.'
Footage of the bungled experiment has made Gabr a reluctant star on YouTube and social media.
One watcher, Hazel222, joked: 'A lesson the kids won't forget in a hurry.'