BBM romance ends in police report
A stalker has been jailed for a year.
Dubai Court of First Instance heard how the Emirati man had pursued the woman after she refused his marriage proposal.
The court was told that the pair had met on BlackBerry Messenger and had been chatting and seeing each other for six months when he proposed.
The 21-year-old Emirati woman said that she refused to marry him and asked him not to contact her anymore. However, she claimed he continued to harass her and she reported him to police.
The woman said the stalking came to a head when he tried to jump inside her parked car and she hit two cars behind her as she tried to get away. He wanted to urge her to drop her police complaint.
- No Ramadan pardon for Afghan teen couple facing stoning death for falling in love?
- Dubai's Facebook pimps are jailed for three to five years
- Dubai comes down heavy on 2 men caught in sex act in car
- Fight breaks out in Dubai over a cab driver's public urination
- They're not hurting anybody! Dubai police arrest cross dressing fashion designers