Car bomb in Sassine Square, east Beirut: Lebanese bloodshed for Syria
Car bomb in Sassine Square, east Beirut
Click here to add Beirut as an alert
Disable alert for Beirut,
Click here to add Beirut Fire Department as an alert
Disable alert for Beirut Fire Department,
Click here to add Phalange Party as an alert
Disable alert for Phalange Party,
Click here to add Red Cross as an alert
Disable alert for Red Cross
A blast shattered Sassine Square in Achrafiyeh locality in Beirut Friday afternoon, leading to the death and injury of numerous victims, NNA correspondent reported, adding that the bomb was placed near a residential area facing Farah Library, 200 meters away from Kataeb House, (the Phalange Party) while no politician was targeted in the explosion.
Beirut Fire Department reported transporting five injured people, three of whom in critical condition, while Red Cross and Civil Defense continue to transport causalities and wounded to hospitals.
Black smoke covered the sky in said area, as several citizens were wounded by debris and broken glass while in their homes.
Security Forces requested citizens clear the area to facilitate the rescue operation of those wounded in the blast.
More details to follow.
Were you on the scene or in Beirut and hearing details you'd like to share? Please include your insights in the comment section below.
- Back to bombs in Beirut? Will Lebanon reconsider suing US TV for bleak depiction of war-torn capital?
- At least three wounded in east Beirut blast
- This is still Lebanon: Beirut's blast was another political assassination for a country far from 'free'
- Helping the victims of the Lebanese bombings
- Car Bomb Explodes Near Beirut Judiciary HQ, No Injuries Reported