Catwalk like a camel: Egypt gets the hump over success of camel beauty contest
Foreigners often think of camels when they think of Egypt, but our brothers across the water in the UAE know how to treat their camels.
Held in the Liwa desert, 220 km west of Abu Dhabi, the Mazayin Dhafra Camel Festival attracts participants from around the Gulf region. The festival includes a display of UAE handcrafts and other activities aimed at promoting the country’s folklore.
But our personal favourite is the camel beauty contest and we think it is time Egypt would hold its own version.
Tell us what you think. Is it high time camels were treated with a little respect? Do you think it would be a success in Egypt?
- My camel milk brings all the Bedouins to the yard: US licking their lips for desert delicacy
- That's one hot chick! Saudi farmers prepare for chicken beauty contest
- Delicious camel milk for Iftar in Abu Dhabi? Ritz-Carlton's mixologist's got the milkshakes!
- Camel Milk Cocktails! A Ramadan special
- Camel Milk Ice Cream! - Coming to Stores Soon