Catwalk like a camel: Egypt gets the hump over success of camel beauty contest
Foreigners often think of camels when they think of Egypt, but our brothers across the water in the UAE know how to treat their camels.
Held in the Liwa desert, 220 km west of Abu Dhabi, the Mazayin Dhafra Camel Festival attracts participants from around the Gulf region. The festival includes a display of UAE handcrafts and other activities aimed at promoting the country’s folklore.
But our personal favourite is the camel beauty contest and we think it is time Egypt would hold its own version.
Tell us what you think. Is it high time camels were treated with a little respect? Do you think it would be a success in Egypt?
- Camel Milk Ice Cream! - Coming to Stores Soon
- A camel bounty for Obama's head? Somali Shebab mock US offer for tip-offs
- Shoes and stones won't break his bones: Ahmed Shafiq attacked at the polling station
- A different kind of beauty pageant: UAE's Filipino maids strut their stuff for a cause
- Save the Camels of the UAE!