Camel Milk Cocktails! A Ramadan special
An Abu Dhabi hotel has employed its very own camel milk mixologist to serve up tasty milkshakes and smoothies to guests as they break their fast this Ramadan.
Mohammad Daoud will be mixing up the interesting blends at The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi. He told 7DAYS that many of the smoothies have added health benefits.
“Camel milk has a clean and natural taste - it’s not as distinctive as cow’s milk. It has a low fat content, is high in vitamin C, and is rich in protein. Most people have been very curious to try it, and are surprised how much they enjoy it.”
The camel milkshakes and smoothies at the hotel range from banana, strawberry and chocolate to cinnamon and nut. But which does Daoud prefer? “My favourite is the date flavour,” he said.
“It is very local and perfect for iftar.”
- Delicious camel milk for Iftar in Abu Dhabi? Ritz-Carlton's mixologist's got the milkshakes!
- Camel Milk Ice Cream! - Coming to Stores Soon
- My camel milk brings all the Bedouins to the yard: US licking their lips for desert delicacy
- Catwalk like a camel: Egypt gets the hump over success of camel beauty contest
- Mers in Saudi: Camel and owner go viral