Chinese Muslims turn to the internet for love
Demographic-specific dating websites are becoming an increasingly popular way for single Chinese Muslims to find love. One such site, Yuani.com, helps Hui Muslims meet their matches.
The Hui Muslim population, a moderate bunch, tends to blend in well with the general population of China. Yet they often want to marry members of their own sect. This proves to be a challenging task, as they are a small population, numbering only 10 million out of a population of 1.3 billion, according to Foreign Policy Magazine.
Luckily, the growth of these sites in recent years has made it easier for Chinese Muslims to connect across hundreds of miles. Even online, the search can be difficult; Hui Muslims tend to have varying ideas about practicing the Muslim faith. Some Hui proudly adhere to Halal diets, while others have only been to a mosque once in their life.
But perseverance can lead to a happily ever after. One fortunate young man found his bride after a two year long online search, reports Foreign Policy Magazine. Once married, he proudly posted their wedding pictures online, along with captions thanking Allah.
- Festive inter-faith sweeps Muslim America! Christmas increasingly celebrated by Muslims with their Christian pals
- For Muslims in this country, Ramadan fasting is....outlawed!
- Chinese Muslims in chaos as mosque stampede kills 14
- Inside the sexy online dating world of Lebanon
- Muslims Isolated in small town UK