Getting his just desert: Emirati man in court for burying his hashish in the sand
Prosecutors brought H.S., a 62-year-old Emarati, to the Criminal Court of Dubai and charged accused him of burying 25kg of hashish in the desert.
The jobless man was under surveillance for some time and drug enforcement agents watched him as he headed out into the desert to unearth two barrels full of drugs in September year before he was arrested.
Two drug dealers were also arrested after police were tipped off that both were expecting a shipment of drugs coming into the country by sea. Police confirmed that a dealer received the drugs and loaded them into his car.
Anti-drug agents confirmed that H.S. got the consignment and watched him digging out the barrels from the desert and selling them to an unidentified man.
The dealer admitted that he and H.S. had been long-time partners in drug dealing.
The next hearing is slated to be on May 12.
What do you think? Does there need to be a stricter crackdown on drugs in the UAE?
- Dubai's big stink: Arab drug dealers caught in botched stilton-smuggling attempt
- Bear-faced cheek: Abu Dhabi police bust smuggler in drug-filled toy crime
- Sheikh-down in Lebanon: clerics busted for drug dealing
- White Flakes in Woman's Hair Cocaine, Not Dandruff
- Spice boys: UK drug suspects cry torture but Dubai authorities are not buying it