Travelers beware! Airport staff may steal your candy bar...
A baggage handler at Dubai International Airport has been jailed for three months and fined nearly $10 for stealing money and chocolate bars from passengers’ suitcases, it was reported.
The 26-year-old Kenyan employee was sentenced the Dubai Court of First Instance after he was caught on CCTV cameras removing AED7,500 ($2,041) in cash and a box of five Twix chocolate bars from bags, Dubai’s 7DAYS newspaper reported.
“I used to open the bags and stick my hand inside searching for anything,” the accused was quoted as saying.
“Once I was so hungry [I] stole Twix bars from a bag. I repeated it again with other bags,” he added.
Dubai International Airport employs nearly 60,000 staff.
- Eating the evidence: Dubai airport thief swallows cash to hide crime
- Diamonds are for never: precious stones stolen by security guards go missing
- Dubai's Facebook pimps are jailed for three to five years
- Dubai comes down heavy on 2 men caught in sex act in car
- Back to the bar? Dubai sexpats get sentence cut by a month