Bachelor backlash in Dubai: Single men told to get out of family areas
Bachelors are attracted to Dubai's glamorous nightlife (image used for illustrative purposes)
Dubai Municipality continues its campaign to remove bachelors from residential areas and prevent them sharing family accommodation, aiming at preserving the residential environment and social safety and tranquillity.
Engineer Yousuf Abdullah Al Marzouqi, Acting Director of the Buildings Department, said that the civic body has cracked down on many places after carrying out field visits in several residential areas in the emirate of Dubai. Many bachelors were found staying in residential areas designated for families. The municipality has disconnected electricity and water of these buildings after the deadline.
Urging the public to cooperate with the civic body, Al Marzouqi said that it has been noticed that some owners are still leasing rooms to bachelors in areas allocated for families.
The municipality will take necessary action in case of receiving any complaint from families regarding the presence of bachelors in these areas, he said.
- 1,402 violations issued for displaying laundry in balconies in Sharjah
- Smell you later! Dubai waves goodbye to methane pong
- Sleepless in Sharjah: single women turned away from apartments
- Yemeni child-bride gets behind the camera for hit documentary
- Good morning Mr. & Mrs. Clooney! George and Amal make first appearance as hubby and wife