That's a bad hangover! Drunk and disorderly Dubai man fined
A drunken man who entered a woman's home thinking it was his own and then urinated on her laundry has been fined by a Dubai court.
A 32-year-old American housewife told how she was asleep, but woke up when she heard the defendant in her flat at Dubai Marina.
The woman told Dubai Court of Misdemeanours that the man believed it was his home.
She said: “It was around 6pm and I was sleeping in my bedroom at my flat on the seventh floor. The main door was closed, but not locked. I heard someone open the door and thought it was my husband. I heard footsteps towards my bedroom, then heard someone urinating in the bathroom.”
The woman said she went to the bathroom and saw the defendant urinating on her laundry, adding: “I started yelling at him, asking him to leave, but he didn’t even look at me.”
The woman said she left the flat and shouted for help, at which point the defendant closed the door.
She added: “I knocked on my neighbour’s door and we called security. We then entered the apartment and he was sleeping on my sofa.”
The woman’s husband arrived home and they called police, who arrested the 49-year-old Russian man. He claims he had been drinking in JBR and does not remember what happened.
“I made a mistake and entered the wrong flat, thinking it was my home. I live on the 12th floor,” he added. He was fined Dhs5,000 for entering the flat and Dhs3,000 for consuming alcohol.
- Fight breaks out in Dubai over a cab driver's public urination
- Travelers beware! Airport staff may steal your candy bar...
- He had it coming! Dubai man's three-way-sex with his 2 wives ends in divorce
- Kuwait curtails crime: Rapists jailed and fined for attacking woman in her apartment
- Dubai sexpats take their case to the appeal court in desperate last ditch attempt