Duty-free TV's in Dubai
Gitex Shopper is an annual electronics extravaganza held in Dubai. [itp.net]
Finding tax loopholes isn’t always easy but a leading Indian consumer Electronics Company has found a 36 percent loophole which it’s promoting for Dubai’s Gitex Shopper convention taking place this week.
India has recently imposed a 36 percent duty tax on all imports of flat screen televisions as reported by Emirates 24/7. Videocon has promised that consumers who buy in Dubai at the convention will save paying the tax by having their TV delivered to India post event.
The company’s ad, “Buy Here, Smile There” says it all. Boasting a deal for a 32-inch LED TV for Dh 799, Videocon may have the market on duty free TV.
- Dubai Media incorporated exclusively streams all its TV channels with Samsung Smart TVs
- One heavy duty-free year planned for Dubai, sales to pass $2 billion in 2014
- Plug Ins expects smartphones and super-size TV’s to drive sales of consumer electronics during ADES
- Duty-free sales in Mideast airports go up
- Gitex Shopper 2016: Dubai's consumer electronics and IT megashow gets underway