Who said honesty doesn't pay off? Man returns bag of money to Dubai police
Al Rashidiya police station in Dubai honoured Shabbir Bahai Fakhr Al Deen for his honesty as he handed over 50,000 Saudi riyals ($13,330) he found to the police.
Colonel Khalid Mohammad Ahmad Al Suhool, Director of Al Rashidiya police station, awarded Fakhr Al Deen, to emphasise the importance of the collaboration between the community and police.
In recognition of this ethical conduct, honesty and good behavior, Fakhr Al Deen was awarded a certificate of appreciation and a gift.
Also present were Lieutenant Mohammad Abdullah Al Ganem, Head of the Office of Quality Assurance, and a representative from Majid Bin Qitara Construction Materials Company, where Fakhr Al Deen works.
It was not immediately clear who was the rightful owner of the cash. Nor was it clear what's Fakhr Al Deen's job or nationality.
- Fast and Furious: Police save woman from car stuck on 74 mph!
- Saudi shrew gives short reward for found wallet yet hero still prevails
- Hunt launched for maid after baby’s body found in garbage bin
- Ya haram! Israeli pigs chase Palestinians off their land
- Swift Sharjah police thwart helipad suicide drama