Dubai police reveal cute little anti-riot vehicle
A young major in Dubai Police has invented a small armed vehicle used to control riots that may break out in Dubai.
Major Maher Bin Haidar from Dubai Police said: “In the case of a riot, we can send this vehicle in. Sometimes policemen get hurt when they approach such a violent situation. The vehicle is remote controlled and can therefore be used at a distance. It should reduce the number of injuries.”
The vehicle, which is armed with tear gas, can reach an object 500m away at speeds of up to 80kph.
Major Bin Haidar also invented a remote control aircraft which can monitor the crowds at football matches in Dubai to prevent hooliganism.
- Dubai spies from the skies on unruly football fans
- Dubai police add eco vehicle to gas-guzzling superfleet
- Ramadan head-rush: Ferrari versus date tree
- Dubai police add more luxury rides to pimped out superfleet
- Pump up the volume...in the suburbs. Dubai motorists warned to turn the music down while driving