False rape claim ends in a marriage proposal
A woman who said she was raped has been charged with having sex outside of marriage.
The Emirati went to the police claiming that a man had raped her. However, Abu Dhabi Criminal Court heard that a medical examination could find no signs that she had been forced to have sex.
The court was also told that the woman made up the allegations as she was desperate for the man to marry her. The 26-year-old made her confession after the results of the forensic examination were handed to the court.
The report said the woman had consensual sex with the Emirati man. The judge said the pair would now face charges of having sex out of wedlock. During her testimony in court, the woman also said she still she wants to marry the man. “I love him and I want to marry him,” she said.
The man, however, said that he had no intention of marrying her.
- A bit rich? Emirati woman wants thousands in alimony after 3-day marriage
- Shamed Egyptian wife forced to cough up over $8,000 for 'virginity lie'
- Emirati woman fights for bigger divorce settlement from porn-obsessed husband
- Alco-cops arrest British woman at a boozy lunch in Abu Dhabi
- Planned marriage FAIL: You may now kiss your daughter!?