False rape claim ends in a marriage proposal
The woman is on trial at the Abu Dhabi courthouse for having sex outside of wedlock (7 days)
A woman who said she was raped has been charged with having sex outside of marriage.
The Emirati went to the police claiming that a man had raped her. However, Abu Dhabi Criminal Court heard that a medical examination could find no signs that she had been forced to have sex.
The court was also told that the woman made up the allegations as she was desperate for the man to marry her. The 26-year-old made her confession after the results of the forensic examination were handed to the court.
The report said the woman had consensual sex with the Emirati man. The judge said the pair would now face charges of having sex out of wedlock. During her testimony in court, the woman also said she still she wants to marry the man. “I love him and I want to marry him,” she said.
The man, however, said that he had no intention of marrying her.
- Turkish Soap Finds Real Life Tragedy with Morrocan Rape-Suicide
- Desperate UAE divorcée tries to fix debts with 'kidney' deal
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Horror in the UAE as seemingly innocent WhatsApp messages and proposal lead to rape
- Woman sentenced to 16 months after reporting Dubai rape