His Royal Highness Hashtag Mohamed: Dubai Ruler reaches for the twittersphere
Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (Khaleej Times)
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai,
Click here to add Mohamed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum as an alert
Disable alert for Mohamed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum,
Click here to add Rashid Al Maktoum as an alert
Disable alert for Rashid Al Maktoum,
Click here to add Twitter as an alert
Disable alert for Twitter
Sheikh Mohamed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, created a new hashtag on Twitter; #ShkMohdJournal.
On the hashtag #ShkMohdJournal, Sheikh Mohamed writes tweets that sum up his experience as a leader and offer valuable lessons in life.
Some of the tweets on #ShkMohdJournal:
27 April 2013
- The difference between a successful government & a failed one, is determined by how it deals with the obstacles that it’s nationals face.
13 October 2012
- Great ideas do not make leaders, they are just ideas, but accumulated accomplishments, big or small, make a great leader.
- Some officials come to me with great ideas, but when I follow up later, I notice they fail to turn them into accomplishments.
- A true leader turns a dream or an idea into reality & a visualization into implementation.History has no place for dreamers.
12 October 2012
- I like reading books, I read books briefings, the news of the world and I enjoy reading about history.
- Learning & leadership , a cause & a result. The more we accomplish, the more we discover the need to learn more.
- I spoke with an official about this & his excuse was he was too busy to read. I said: end of learning.. end of leadership.
03 October 2012
- A leader cannot lead from behind. He must inspire his staff by being the first to take initiatives and the first to innovate
- I have learned many lessons from my father & role model Sheikh Rashid.. mainly through his actions rather than words
- When a leader always leads by example in everything... his employees can never ignore these silent messages
02 October 2012
- One of the most important secrets of human advancement is the spirit of competition.
- Absence of a competitor is one of the worst things a leader can face. It leads to a relaxed & a non-challenging environment.
- In Gov. we created competitions through Excellence Awards and set up a competitiveness council to compete as a state.
- To all officials: Compete with yourself, create an external competitor & instill a competitive spirit among your employees.
30 September 2012
- No great leader without a great team.. To build a great team you need to teach, empower & celebrate success.
- A single hero is a risk to organizations. He who takes over all work & successes in an organization is no hero & no leader.
- Building great teams leads to great achievements & endless potentials.. building personal glories brings nothing at all.
29 September 2012
- A govt leader must unite minds before efforts.. A vision must be established to align minds & hearts.
- When we introduced vision & strategy concepts in govt, there was resistance, but it faded away with success.
- As a leader, if you don’t know where you are heading, you would find yourself taken over by circumstances & confusing views.
26 September 2012
- Leaders resting in their offices can only hang old trophies on walls & watch new achievements pass them by.
- True leaders do not isolate themselves behind closed doors? Reality is best experienced in the field.
- In a visit to a govt entity, No. of managers behind closed doors was a shock; I decided doors were no longer needed there.
25 September 2012
- Government leaders are honored by serving the people? Leaders’ honor comes from the nobleness of their mission.
- Leaders’ titles are not the source of pride as they will not last. Only bringing benefit to people lasts & justifies pride.
- I often tell officials: “Put citizens at the heart of all your plans; they are the true judge of your success, not me.”
24 September 2012
- Investing in creating future leaders is the way to lead the future... Humans, more than towers, should rise sky high.
- The 10-yrs old MBR leadership program in Dubai & its 4-yrs old federal equivalent are showing dazzling results.
- A leader could make or break a nation. Whereas leaders like Zayed & Rashid built a nation, other leaders destroyed theirs.
- Al Habtoor Group presents latest investments to HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Dubai Ruler Orders Establishment of Center to Reach out to Isolated People
- Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum inaugurates fifth edition of Art Dubai
- Dubai ruler laid to rest
- Tweet this: Twitter introduces highlights instead of hashtags