Roundtrip ticket please...to Space! Dubai to launch new "out of this world" flights
3,2,1, Blast off! Dubai is now providing a new destination for all the frequent travelers out there: a roundtrip to...Space!
Accrding to Arabian Travel News, Dubai's new commercial flight route to space is due to "take-off" by December 2014. For $100,000, Space Expedition Corp (SXC), the Space flight operator, will take customers out of this world-in less than 4 minutes!
According to SXC CEO and founder Michiel Mol, “You’ll go straight into the air and break the sound barrier within a minute. You’re in space within four minutes. You’ll see Earth from out of space – a life changing experience to... [look] down on several billion people on Earth.”
SXC is planning to have four one-hour flights into space each day, with each flight set to carry only two people, the pilot and the passenger...at least for now. SXC projects that this initiative will change the way people travel forever: "It’s a first step to take people from A to space [and] back to A. The next generation of spaceships will take you from A to B around the world in two hours. Rocket engines are really the game changer because they enable us to use them [the space ships] over 5000 times,” said Mol.
- Brits behaving badly: Unruly passenger forces Dubai-bound flight to do a U-turn
- Make your own Mansaf! Expat tour operator wins National Geographic award by giving vacationers a hands on experience of Jordan
- Calling all Emiratis who want to travel into space! Virgin Galactic's new out-of-this-world competition
- From Dubai to outer space: Bieber blasts off
- Out of this world! 13 Mideasterners to fly to space with Buzz Aldrin