Will the real Mohamed Morsi please stand up? Ex-president's daughter says that's not her Dad in court
The daughter of Egypt's former president Mohamed Morsi has a new theory about her father's trials.
Alshymaa Morsi said on Friday she is “certain” that the TV footage showing the former leader in prison is not actually her father.
Alshymaa shared two pictures of Morsi on her Facebook page, one while he was president and the other of him during his ongoing trials. In a comment on the picture, she says that the man in the prison picture does not resemble her father.
“The one who is on the right side of the picture is my father, the one on the left is not him I’m certain. Check out well, it’s not him,” her Facebook post said.
Egypt's state TV station often broadcasts images and footage of the former Islamist's trials as they unfold in Cairo courtrooms.
Morsi and other members of his Muslim Brotherhood group have been under trial since the army ousted him from office in July.
They are being tried over charges that include the murder of protesters, espionage and organizing jailbreaks.
- While ordinary Egyptians feel the pinch, Morsi splashes out on luxury getaway for inner circle
- Egypt's ex-President Morsi charged with spying for Qatar
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Is Gigi Hadid’s dad a land-grabbing neighbor?
- The man behind the trial: Mohamed Morsi, his Brotherhood and mistakes