Snakes on a plane: hidden serpent takes a bite at Egypt airline passenger
An EgyptAir pilot made an emergency landing at Hurghada airport on Monday after a snake bit a Jordanian passenger who had concealed it in his luggage.
Crew were shocked by the passenger's screams, being unaware of the snake's presence on the plane.
The accident was reported to the pilot, who requested emergency permission to land in Hurghada. The passenger was immediately taken off the plane for medical treatment, and local authorities confiscated the snake.
Following that, the flight continued on to Kuwait.
What do you think of this story? Does EgyptAir need to up its security measures? Leave us your comments below!
- Man's best friend...but not in the air! Pup grounds Yemeni plane
- Passenger in Abu Dhabi has four snakes, parrot and squirrel in his handbag
- Brits behaving badly: Unruly passenger forces Dubai-bound flight to do a U-turn
- Bit off More than He Could Chew: Baby Bites Snake, Killing it, In Israel
- Breaking the sound barrier: Iran's gag order fails to silence hero pilot