Egyptian movie stars take anti-Islamist position in polls
Taking sides in the current political developments in Egypt is not limited to politicians, revolutionaries or demonstrating youths only. Even celebrities, including film stars, are riding the wave as well.
Some, including prominent film director Khalid Yousuf, have announced that they will boycott the parliamentary elections.
However, others are dead set on exercising their franchise.
"I will vote even if my life was in danger," Hassan Yousuf, an actor, said.
Other actors have joined protesters in Tahrir Square, including Khalid Nabawi, who announced his support for the national salvation government.
By Jumana Al Tamimi
- ‘The Square’ - Egypt’s first documentary nominated for Oscars
- Can Hamdeen Sabbahi's Popular Current stem the Islamist tide?
- Egyptians to vote tomorrow despite volatile security conditions
- Oscar-nominated film "The Square" comes full circle with online release in its Egypt birthplace
- Women Take Charge in Egypt's Revolution