European in Oman shreds the Quran
(Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Muscat: Colonel Abdullah Al Gilani, police chief of South Batinah, said that Royal Oman Police (ROP) has arrested a European woman on the charges of desecrating the Holy Quran.
Al Gilani said that the Sohar police station received a report yesterday that the accused tore the Holy Quran and rubbed its pages on her foot in front of one of the mosques in the wilayat of Sohar. ROP personnel immediately arrested the accused.
After investigation it was found that the accused had entered the country two days ago, Al Gilani said. The accused, who is in the police custody, is suffering from psychological disorder, Al Gilani added.
- Prostitute palaver: Six expats arrested in Oman brothel raid
- Mother nature goes awry: Mummy kills son for failure to memorize the Quran
- iQuran? Saudi to lead on Digital Quran to spread message of God
- Disturbing YouTube video of Russian thugs burning Quran, beating up Muslims sparks police investigation
- Swift Sharjah police thwart helipad suicide drama