Topless protestors disrupt Berlin Islam Week
Three FEMEN activisits disrupted an Islamic conference in Berlin on Thursday by sprinting onto the stage topless, Dailymail reports.
The three women carried banners urging Muslim women to “get naked.” They were immediately taken off stage by security.
According to their website, FEMEN is a women’s rights organization who seeks “to provoke patriarchy into open conflict by forcing it to disclose its aggressive antihuman nature to fully discredit it in the eyes of history.”
A spokesperson for Berlin Islam Week said the audience kept their composure.
“The audience, mainly from the Muslim community, reacted to the disturbance appropriately, so that we all were very quickly able to eventually continue the program of the Islam Week.”
Berlin Islam Week seeks to foster open religious dialogue and is open to members of all religions.
- You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why: topless Femen is coming to Bethlehem
- The naked truth: Why Muslims should 'buck' the stripping trend and keep their veils on
- Holy boobs? FEMEN's female warriors push their protest of Xmas in Bethlehem
- Topless Tunisian Amina safe at home, says lawyer
- Boobs at the ready: FEMEN will fight Islamists with naked army