Four-year-old Syrian refugee boy sexually assaulted, possibly infected with AIDS
View from within a tent at the Marjayoun "welcome center".
A Syrian worker was arrested in the southern town of Marjayoun for sexually assaulting a four-year-old Syrian refugee.
The man worked for the boy’s family after they fled Syria and sought refuge in south Lebanon.
Media reports said the man suffered from AIDS and might have infected the boy with the disease.
An-Nahar reported that a doctor who examined the man after his arrest informed the security forces and the family that the worker suffered from AIDS.
- Syrian refugee women suffer sex abuse in Lebanon
- Syrians in Zaatari camp still must search for refuge...this time from rape. This 14-year-old girl is one of them.
- The humanitarian crisis grows: One Syrian refugee born EVERY hour
- Tragic heroes: Shakespeare play provides outlet for Syrian children in Zaatari
- Recovery through drawing for Syrian refugees at Zaatari