Sweet dreams! French Foreign Minister falls asleep during Algerian meeting
Being the foreign minister of any country is a busy job that could cause anybody to lose some shut eye, but to fall asleep during a high level meeting... and on TV? Laurent Fabius you need a holiday!
On Monday, French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius was in Algiers with Algerian Industry Minister Abdesselam Bouchouareb taking questions from businessmen during an investment meeting. It must have been siesta time though because Fabius dozed off for an impressive 75 seconds, waking up midway through to give a droopy-eyed smile before returning to the land of nod. We can only speculate that he must have been dreaming about the wonderful cooperation between Algeria and France...
Bouchouareb meanwhile remained alert and smiling, clearly taking the burden for Algeria´s former colonial power. Nevertheless, before departing Algeria, Fabius insisted that France wanted to remain Algeria´s top economic partner. Based on his last lethargic performance though maybe Fabius should keep dreaming!
Watch Fabius catch some Z´s in the video to the right.
- Caught snoozing on the job, Morsi takes a nap at Arab League summit
- Kiss of death? Algerian kowtow to French president sparks outrage
- Morocco pulls up her panties: no love for France after diplomat's comments
- In dedication to Lebanon's slain politician Chatah: world condemns murder of a 'symbol of tolerance'
- Saudi men: looking for love abroad