Too cute! Six-year-old Gaza boy dressed as journalist melts hearts on Twitter
Yazan Hillis poses for the camera in his journalist outfit (Image: Twitter)
In the dire situation Gaza currently faces, who would have thought Yazan Hillis, a Palestinian boy posing as a journalist in his garbage bag outfit and TV helmet, could win the hearts of Twitter users.
When Sommarström loaned Yazan his helmet to complete the look, the boy said: “I’m wearing a helmet and journalist clothing. I want to be a journalist when I grow up, I’ll take pictures.”
Yazan and his family were living in a construction site after fleeing their home in Shejaiya, which was bombed by Israeli forces.
"For me the picture is a powerful example of children's strong will to survive," Sommarström said on Sveriges Radio. "He has seen us journalists go in and out of the hotel, he has seen that we survive. I think that in his pretend play he wants to be like us, someone who survives."
Young Yazan might have a promising career when he grows up, judging by his life experiences so far.
The Gaza death toll stands at 1,822 with over 10,000 Palestinians injured according to the health ministry.
- Better talked about than not? ISIS sparks global outrage over killing of US journalist
- Saudi ambassador in a row with British journalist over Gaza allegations
- Journalist's mother releases heart-wrenching video pleading for son's release
- Israelis cheer and celebrate as missiles hit Gaza, live on CNN
- You can leave your helmet on: IDF ladies get naked