Gaza man saved from an Israeli missile and certain death by eating his "falafel and fool" lunch
A Palestinian man miraculously survived an Israeli airstrike on Sunday after he jumped off his donkey cart to eat falafel and fool in a popular restaurant in the northern Gaza Strip.
The donkey, however, was not so lucky, and wound up a casualty of an Israeli missile strike that also injured a motorcyclist and a 12-year-old child passing by.
Saad Dabour, a garbage collector, told Ma'an that seconds before an Israeli airstrike hit a motorcyclist on Saftawi Street near Jabalia, he stopped his donkey cart on the roadside and jumped down to treat himself to a breakfast of falafel and fool, a dish made of fava beans, from a popular roadside restaurant.
"Only a few seconds later, I heard a blast, and when I turned back to see what had happened, I saw the motorbike ablaze and its driver was lying on the ground."
He added that after he recovered from the shock, he noticed that his donkey was riddled with shrapnel from the missile.
Dabour told Ma'an that he uses Saftawi Street every day to collect garbage on his donkey cart.
- Back that ass up: Egyptian man jailed for naming donkey after Sisi
- Palestinian sperm smuggler makes history in Gaza
- This is Israel's Pillar of Defense: A cloud of despair chokes Gaza
- See Hear! Gaza's deaf mute restaurant is a surprise hit
- From Jordan's King to hungry protesters, Hashem provides falafels for all