Violence begets violence: Gaza protester killed in Kashmir
A teenage boy in Kashmir, India was shot dead by police during an anti-Israel protest on Saturday, AFP reported.
"The boy died in (police) firing on anti-Israel protesters who were also angry about injuries suffered by other protesters during earlier demonstrations," a senior police officer told AFP.
Local residents told AFP that it was believed that the boy, Suhail Ahmad, was hit by a bullet while sitting in a shop and was not part of the protest but police could not immediately confirm this.
- BBC blunders on: “militants” in Gaza revealed as cameraman’s baby
- Anti-Violence March Shows Egyptian Women are not Going to Take it Anymore
- Is this the beginning of the Arab Spring in Saudi or just Shia unrest?
- Truce time: Israelis head back to beaches as Gazans return to the rubble to pick up the pieces of their lives
- Musical tragedy in NYC as Iranian "Yellow Dog" musicians slain in murder-suicide