Fasting with style: Company invents halal nail polish
The nail polish provides water permeability so that water can contact the skin during wudu. (Shutterstock)
BCI Group created the product to cater to Islamic prayer needs, which requires women to remove their nail polish before praying five times a day so that the water can contact their skin during wudu, which is the process of washing parts of the body before prayer time.
This new brand of nail polish, ‘H’ by BCI group, provides increased water permeability which allows water to penetrate through the nails.
“We are extremely pleased with this new launch in the UAE. The Emirati nail polish will now add a touch of vibrance to the routine manicure of women, which can stay for as long as they want,” said Kawthar Makahlah Al Shamsi, founder of the BCI Group.
Currently available in white, black, red, blue, nude and gold, ‘H’ by BCI group promises to add a wide range of classic and unique shades each season.
- Muslim women get perfectly polished with Islam-friendly nail varnish
- Glitz, Glamour and Glory on hand at Dubai World Cup’s Premier Grooming Gallery
- When make-up and politics don't mix: ME beauty sector set to grow despite turmoil
- LAUNCH OF TOM FORD ESTĒE LAUDER COLLECTION EXCLUSIVELY AT HARVEY NICHOLS IN THE MIDDLE EAST
- No visa for this va-jay-jay! Lebanon plays hard to get with Polish sex tourist