God bless Christmas, says Hezbollah leader
Hezbollah congratulated Christians in Lebanon and the world on the Christmas holiday.
“The teachings of Jesus Christ – which inspire every philanthropist – contradict what the region is witnessing in terms of injustice affecting our Christian brethren in Palestine and the region,” Hezbollah said in a statement published Tuesday.
A good example of this injustice, the statement said, was the ongoing “Zionist occupation of Jesus’ birthplace [Bethlehem] ... with the support of arrogant powers, particularly the United States.”
Israel occupies the West Bank and controls Bethlehem’s access points, while Palestinian police patrol inside of the city.
Hezbollah prayed to God to bless Christians and Muslims in Lebanon, the region and the world “so that they could live together in harmony, justice, goodness, peace and security.”
- Get off the couch for Gaza, says Hezbollah, no more time for armchair Arabs
- Hypocritical much? Hezbollah leader lecturing on stoking 'sectarian tensions'
- Put the grapes away, Nasrallah in good health - Hezbollah
- Hezbollah unmasks CIA double agents in Beirut
- No longer avant-garde, has Hezbollah TV sold out to the mainstream?