Priest suggests Holy Easter is Time for Guilt-Free Sex
Father Phil Ritchie from All Saints Church in Hove, East Sussex, has said Easter Sunday is the perfect time for staying in bed, eating chocolate and having sex.
The vicar gave the alternative suggestion for a way to celebrate the resurrection of Christ after admitting that church just isn't 'cool and funky'.
And he said that there are other ways for people to celebrate the Christian festival.
"I would love more people to come to church at 10am on Sunday. But there are plenty of ways to celebrate without coming to a draughty Victorian building," the Daily Mail quoted Ritchie as saying.
"So why not stay at home, have a lie-in, have sex and eat some chocolate," he added.
He made the comments as congregations continue to fall.
Average weekly attendances of 1,160,000 in 2007 fell to 923,700 in 2010, according to a new statistic.
Do share! What will you be doing this Easter? Going to Church, having that lie-in, or just indulging in the chocolate side of Easter?
- Priest shortage meant Lebanese were left scrambling for Easter services
- Did the Coptic Church Undermine Ba Ba Shenouda's Ban on Easter Pilgrims?
- First woman priest ordained in the Middle East
- Easter in the West Bank: Palestinian pilgrims flood to holy sites for Christian holiday
- Off with your pants ... in church!