Hunt launched for maid after baby’s body found in garbage bin
The police have found the body of a newborn baby wrapped in a plastic bag from a garbage bin of a residential building in Ras Al Khaimah.
Brigadier Khamis Hadid, Director General of Police Operations Command at the RAk Police, said that the newborn baby was first found by some cleaning workers of the municipality.
“The cleaners found the body of the baby in a garbage bag lying inside the garbage of a building, and immediately informed the police which immediately reached the spot.
“Initial police investigation revealed that the dead baby was thrown in the garbage bin through a garbage chute of the building,” he said.
Initial investigation also revealed that the baby belonged to a housemaid who threw it after delivery.
She was allegedly working illegally in a flat with a family and also ran away from the house after the incident.
The police have started a search for the maid as part of their investigation.
- Police hunt for parents of prayer room Christmas miracle baby in UAE
- Charred body of pregnant woman found in dumpster: Jordan police suspect honor killing
- Malaysian man arrested for sodomising his baby boy after wife refused sex
- Milking it: UAE maid makes off with family jewels
- Hysterical mother jumps to death after her dead son, from Dubai's JLT tower