Feathers fly as world's biggest pillow party comes to UAE
People in the UAE are being invited to take part in international pillow-fight day - and to get creative at the same time. Abu Dhabi’s Art Hub wants people to paint pillows with groovy designs before using them in a good-humoured fight.
The artwork on the cushion-sized pillows will be judged for design, colour and concept and prizes will be handed out before competitors launch into some gentle pillow-bashing. Art Hub director Karen Elizabeth Hart told 7DAYS: “We like to find different things for our visitors to do.”
So far 26 people have registered to take part in the event, which costs Dhs250 to enter, to be held on April 2. Competitors will get a kit that includes a pillow, a set of textile paints and a set of brushes.
Hart added: “Hopefully no feathers will fly and we’ll just have a gentle pillow fight so everyone can take home their personally designed pillow to adorn a sofa or bed.
“We hope this will be a pleasant reminder of the international pillow fight day.” If you fancy having a bash, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 551 5005.
- Take those pajamas off! Oman bans "un-Islamic" pj-themed nightclub party
- Mystery mass expat brawl leaves Dubai police baffled
- Did Assad's son really taunt the US military on Facebook?
- Living below the line: Dubai residents challenge themselves to eat on $1.5 a day
- A Hijabi Figure Skater: Zahar Lari is a True Ice Breaker