iPhone 4S fans are paying 10 times the price
Dubai's impatient iPhone 4S fans are paying as much as Dh7,999 for the grey-market version of the phone in the UAE.
That’s ten times the Dh730 cost of a basic model in the United States through a telecom carrier.
Eager beavers made quick work of a grey-market shipment of 350 iPhone 4S models into the UAE on Saturday with only a handful remaining as of late yesterday, said one company who shipped the phones independently ahead of the official release of the phones here next month.
Sherrif Rizwan, CEO and founder of AlShop.com, said strong sales have eclipsed his past one-day sales of other Apple products including the iPhone4 and iPads.
“We have crossed all past boundaries of the iPhone4, iPad and iPad2,” Rizwan told Gulf News yesterday.
Today, AlShop.com is selling the new iPhone 4S 16GB model for Dh5,999, the 32GB model for Dh6,999 and the 64GB model for Dh7,999.
Next month, du and Etisalat are expected to launch new authorised packages with reduced upfront payments.
- A whiff of iPhone Sir? Savvy Dubai shopkeeper sells the 'mobile' scent
- Loyal Apple fans risk it all by buying grey-market devices in UAE
- The new iPhone 4S available for pre-order in the UAE
- Etisalat is sending UAE's new iPhone purchasers home with extra perks
- Eid came early? iPhone 6 makes it to Dubai, sells out on first day