Talk about being a party pooper: Iran bans flag themed fashion show
An Iranian fashion designer has been banned “until further notice” for staging a World Cup themed catwalk show where models wore different designs of the country’s flag, AFP reports.
Models draped in variations of national flag participated in the catwalk show late June with a mixed audience, hosted by the House of Fashion.
According to Iran’s Culture and Islamic guidance ministry, the fashion company “did not have the authorization for this show” and is “unable to continue its activities.”
The Islamic Republic has a deeply conservative society where all women are required to wear a hijab.
- Better fashionably late than never: Yemen's models strut their stuff in first runway show
- Dubai commuters fashionably late as models take over the metro
- Stylish do-gooder drops $53,000 on statement thobe at charity fashion show
- Hipster Hijabis! Muslim women mixing modesty with flair
- All American girl: Fashion contest gives hijab stars and stripes treatment