Sixty years since last shower, Iranian man looking for love in the dirtiest places
Amou Haji seen headed into one of his makeshift homes. [IRNA]
He smokes animal feces, eats rotten meat of dead animals, especially porcupines, and hasn’t had a single shower in the past 60 years.
He is single and is looking for love, but if a woman likes him, she has to accept who he is. His name Amou, which is a word in Farsi used by kids and women to show affection.
The Eighty-year-old Iranian hermit Amou Haji lives in a hole in Dejgah village, a southern province in Iran and has beaten 66-year-old Indian man Kailash Singh who scored the last record of 38 years going without showers, Tehran Times reported.
Being clean will bring him sickness, he believes. When a group of young men tried to give him a shower, he escaped.
He has several places to live, according to Tehran Times. One is hole in the ground that resembles a grave. The other is an open brick shack built that was built for him by fans or sympathizers.
Haji checks himself occasionally using side mirrors of cars passing by. And yes, he does trim his hair, by burning it over fire.
To ward off the cold during cold winter months, Mr Haji pairs helmets with his otherwise standard rags.
- UAE to be dazzled by once-in-a-lifetime Camelopardalids meteor shower
- The scandal continues: more leaked emails emerge from Assad's sexy press adviser
- Iranian female fans grab their place ahead of World Cup qualifier against India
- Giving a voice to Afghan women
- That's one fun history lesson! Ramadan TV brings Egypt’s recent past to life