Iranian actress exiled over nude photoshoot
An Iranian actress has been banned from returning to her homeland after appearing naked in a photoshoot for a French magazine.
Golshifteh Farahani, co-star of the 2008 spy drama 'Body of Lies' with Leonardo DiCaprio, had moved from native Iran to Paris a year ago.
She appeared in the news magazine 'Madame Le Figaro' in protest against the ultra-conservative cultural policies, which she claims are restricting Iran's film industry.
"I was told by a Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guide official that Iran does not need any actors or artists and 'you may offer your artistic services somewhere else'," the Independent quoted her as saying.
Meanwhile, she got praise from some fans for her courage in tackling a taboo subject among Muslim women.
- Canned for a kiss: Iranian actress in trouble with Tehran for puckering up on the Cannes red carpet
- Red scare! Naked woman wearing nothing but red undies caught in Iran's streets
- Is Iranian actress Leila Hatami going to be publicly flogged for her Cannes kiss?
- Talk about being a party pooper: Iran bans flag themed fashion show
- Iran State TV Views Iranian Oscar Win as Victory Over 'Zionism'