Iranian actress exiled over nude photoshoot
An Iranian actress has been banned from returning to her homeland after appearing naked in a photoshoot for a French magazine.
Golshifteh Farahani, co-star of the 2008 spy drama 'Body of Lies' with Leonardo DiCaprio, had moved from native Iran to Paris a year ago.
She appeared in the news magazine 'Madame Le Figaro' in protest against the ultra-conservative cultural policies, which she claims are restricting Iran's film industry.
"I was told by a Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guide official that Iran does not need any actors or artists and 'you may offer your artistic services somewhere else'," the Independent quoted her as saying.
Meanwhile, she got praise from some fans for her courage in tackling a taboo subject among Muslim women.
- Iran State TV Views Iranian Oscar Win as Victory Over 'Zionism'
- Dude looks like a lady! Red-faced Iranian criminal forced into Kurdish female dress
- Wake up with Bashar Assad: Syria and Iran launching Arabic TV channel
- Bad hijabi: Iran's conservatives hit out at ballsy talent show star
- Director Oliver Stone's Son, Sean, Converts to Islam During Iran Visit