Dedicated footie fans: Iraqis defy ISIS danger to watch World Cup
Although Iraq didn't qualify for this year's World Cup, there are still many other teams supported across the country (File/AFP)
Mr Hussein said: "I remember in 2007 everyone was celebrating in the streets, and you wouldn’t know who was Sunni and who was Shia."
By Neela Debnath
- Been there, done that, bought the ISIS t-shirt? You can now buy jihadist cuddly toys and other merchandise online!
- Soccer Shocker! American women get their game on in Riyadh
- For football's sake! A FIFA fatwa?!
- Not so app-ropriate! Isis wallet app to rebrand over shared name with jihadists
- World Cup fever! 9 reasons Iran should be your new favorite team