The ISIL did what to a Syrian child?!
A Syrian child was strung up crucifixion style by ISIL militants, al-Ahram reports. The boy was reportedly being punished because he did not have a legitimate reason to abstain from fasting during Ramadan. The boy was forced to hang on a cross in the hot sun for many hours but was then released.
Extremists from ISIL have taken over large swathes of territory in Iraq and have a heavy presence in Syria. The group is known for its brutal tactics and hard-line beliefs.
- Al Qaeda downer DJ ends Aleppo wedding party, ISIL calls music "immoral"
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- What would happen to ISIL if Baghdadi was really killed?
- Eight Kurdish fighters, 20 Daesh militants killed in Iraq clashes
- Syrian troops force ISIL back from key military airport in Deir al-Zor