Ann Summers new ISIS lingerie line will blow your heads off! British retailer gets a whipping for raunchy underwear label
Saucy clothing retailer Ann Summers has been forced to apologise after it named its latest range of frilly knickers after an Egyptian godess who happens to share a name with Islamic terror group ISIS.
According to the company, they had chosen the name Isis for their latest brand of underwear several months ago, before the terrorist organization came to public prominence.
The range of underwear costs between £14 for the Isis thong to £50 for the Isis Cami Suspender.
A spokesperson for Ann Summers said: 'We acknowledge the unfortunate timing of this product launch in our store windows, however we in no way support or condone any act of terrorism or violence.
'We apologise for any offence caused.'
The range of eight garments are black-and-white in colour and offer a range of coverage and are on sale from the more than 100 stores across Britain and on the company's website.
The company chose the name Isis, who was the Egyptian god of fertility.
According to Encyclopedia Britannia: 'Isis was a good queen who supported her husband and taught the women of Egypt how to weave, bake, and brew beer.'
However, she also shares a name now with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), who have since shortened their name to the Islamic State, (IS).
Ann Summers said they had no intention of pulling the controversial range of thongs, suspenders, and bras - both plunging and balcony - from sale.
By Darren Boyle
- Young ISIS love! Scottish teenager drops out of uni to marry an ISIS Syrian fighter
- WHAT?? ISIS has a gift shop in Istanbul
- Been there, done that, bought the ISIS t-shirt? You can now buy jihadist cuddly toys and other merchandise online!
- Would you like an ISIS magazine with your fried chicken? ISIS Al Mustaqbal magazine now available in Indonesia
- Did you hear about the Australian jihadist?