This is Israel's Pillar of Defense: A cloud of despair chokes Gaza
On Wednesday 14th November, following the assassination of the commander of the Islamic resistance movement Hamas, Ahmad Jabari, Israel launched a series of new airstrikes against Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, which has been under an Israeli blockade for the past five years.
An ISM activist in Gaza said that Israeli airstrikes hit the Gaza Strip in a military operation dubbed as "Pillar of Defence", which the Israeli military claimed had targeted long-range rocket launching sites. Medics sources in Gaza revealed that eight Palestinians were killed in the Israeli operation so far, including children and women and 28 others were severely injured.
He also said that among the children were the 7-year-old child Ranan Arafat and the 11 months baby Omar Jihad al-Mashrawi and many injured children, whose bodies were carried to Al Shifa hospital of Gaza City.
Eyewitnesses said that several raids have also targeted different places east of Rafah, North of the Gaza Strip and that the Israeli jets and helicopters are still flying over Gaza.
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas condemned the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip and warned from this dangerous escalation, calling Israel to stop this aggression immediately to save the lives of Palestinians in Gaza from war.
The Palestinians who were killed in the Israeli strikes so far are:
- Hamas Commander, Ahmad Saed Khalil Jabari, 52.
- His companion Mohammad Hamid Subhi al-Hems, 28.
- Mohammad Hani Ibrahim Kaseh, 18.
- Hiba Adel al-Mashrawi, 19.
- Ranan Yousef Arafat, 3 years.
- The 11 months baby, Omar Jihad al-Mashrawi.
- Mahmoud Abu Swasin, 65.
- Issam Mahmoud Ahmad Abu al-Ma’za, 19.
Do you think Israel's offensive Operation Pillars or Column of Defense/ Cloud will be over my Christmas?
- What to do about Gaza...
- Put a smile on that face! "Miles of Smiles" returns to Gaza
- Gaza's fishermen gain ground and more fish in their sea
- The Israeli military releases its first comic book: “Hamas in Comics: Terror and Tyranny in Gaza”
- The stench of war: Gaza launches a perfumed assault on the senses