Informer for Israel: Jordanian man gets nine for spying
A Jordanian man was sentenced to nine years in prison and will receive 80 lashes before being deported from Saudi. The man was convicted of spying for Israel.
The man admitted to contacting the Israeli government promising to provide information in exchange for monetary compensation as reported by Emirates 24/7.
“He also confessed of telling the Israeli intelligence that he was ready to go to Israel and cooperate with them,” Alriyadh Arabic language daily said. The man was also convicted of taking drugs while in Saudi Arabia.
Ealirer this year, a larger Iranian spy ring was busted in Saudi. The majority of this group were Saudi locals and were under the same type of "information for money" contracts.
- Spy spotlight: Israel to Obama, 'Let our spy attend father’s funeral'
- Saudi Woman to Receive 50 Lashes for Swearing in Text Message
- Pants-off, Dance-off carries high price for Saudi men
- Jordanian Muslim in Israel: Yitzhak Rabin's quest to honor Israel's slain PM
- Spooky truth: Hollywood producer Arnon Milchan admits he spied for Israel