Israelis talk racism...and what they say might surprise you
According to the survey, Ethiopians suffer from more racism than Palestinians. (Image courtesy of zimbio.com)
The study, which was released on Monday, sounded Israelis out on which population groups suffered from racism.
To the question, 79 percent replied that Ethiopians suffered from racist attitudes and 68 percent said they believed the Arab population was subject to racism.
The survey was initiated as part of the “No Racism in our Schools” campaign by civil society organizations and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation ahead of International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination on March 21.
The Palestinian Authority’s top negotiator Saeb Erekat has accused Israel of being “a racist regime,” which should be “punished.”
Referring to a panel discussion with his Israeli counterpart, Justice Minister Tzipi Livni, at the Munich Security Conference in Germany last week, Saeb Erekat said “Livni accused us of not wanting peace, and I told her that Israel is racist against Palestinians in ways that did not happen in South Africa. The world should rise against this racist regime, hold it accountable and punish it.”
In a 22-page report, United Nations Special Rapporteur on human rights Richard Falk has said that Israel’s “prolonged occupation” of the Palestinian territories constitutes “apartheid and segregation,” adding that Israel is denying the Palestinians “the right to self-determination.”
- Lie back and think of Israel! Sex diplomat Tzipi Livni under fire for her rumoured pro-Palestinian bedroom romps
- Sore loser? Malaga's Qatari owner blames Champions League exit on "racism"
- Anti-apartheid peace-lover Stevie Wonder is caught out fundraising for the IDF
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- You may be surprised what this U.S. Rabbi is saying about Israel....