Israeli pilots take their smartphones to the Danger Zone!
After being caught with highly sensitive information on their smartphones, two Israeli combat pilots were jailed for five days each.
Twelve others were disciplined as well. The contents found were operational maps and other sensitive information, as reported by Israeli Army Radio on Wednesday.
The security breach was discovered by Israeli military authorities after one of the pilots claimed he had lost his cellphone and that it contained sensitive data.
The report stated that the phone was recovered but when found, showed that the pilot had loaded maps, waypoints and other classified documents.
In order to have the information readily at hand, other members of his squadron had also downloaded the information to their phones.
Overall, the 14 pilots were court-martialed. Two of them were sent to jail and 11 were issued suspended sentences. Only one was fined.
- Leaked documents, lies and loyalties: The sinister truth behind Assad's killing of Turkish pilots
- Pictures: Israeli female soldiers post edgy pics on Facebook
- Al-Gadhafi should follow the example of Al-Sanousi A king too poor to pay for his dinner!
- Naked, stoned, controversial and armed: Another Israeli soldier caught with dodgy pics on Instagram
- High Treason! An Israeli imprisoned for trying to become Palestinian