The wedding crashers: Israeli extremists protest outside Jewish-Muslim wedding in Tel Aviv
Far-right Israeli protesters crashed the wedding of a Jewish woman and a Muslim man Friday while shouting "Death to Arabs."
Maral Malka, 23, and Mahmoud Mansour, 26, tried to get a court order to stop Lehava, an Isreali activist group, from protesting their wedding but were unable to obtain one. Malka converted to Islam, leading Lehava to label her "traitor against the Jewish state." The protesters shouted "death to the Arabs" and "may your village burn down."
Malka's own father also condemned the union, calling it a "very sad event."
Mansour did not let the protesters ruin their special day.
"We will dance and be merry until the sun comes up. We favor co-existence," he told Channel 2.
- Israeli police trample on Aqsa grounds and boy's head, while eyes on East Bank-Jordan's protests
- Ya Haram! This Indian woman married a dog to ward off evil, but instead raised a stink
- Israeli settlers vandalize, destroy Palestinian orchards
- A bit rich? Emirati woman wants thousands in alimony after 3-day marriage
- Israeli woman on why she wants to burn her passport