Primitive methods and modern devices: why Jihadists prefer smartphones?
A new report has revealed that supporters and members of Jihadist groups, such as “ Al Qaida” and “ISIS,” prefer to use Androids to IOS!
“Recorded Future,” the intelligence services company who carried out the investigation, observed in its report the coding/encryption techniques used by Al Qaida, after it information was leaked by Edward Snowdon - former NSA employee (mention who he is here).
The report pointed out that 3 to 5 months after Snowdon’s leaks, three different organisations - ISIS, GIMF and Al-Fajr Technical Committee (FTC) - were able to invent three coding/encryption tools.
Since the disclosure of espionage operations carried out by the United States on Internet users, both the FTC and ISIS launched new applications for Android, where they used the latest technical upgrades which ensure they cannot be surveilled.
The report pointed out that the launching of Android apps stresses the importance of mobile devices and especially Android, as they’re mostly preferred amongst Jihadists.
Experts believe that Jihadists prefer Androids because they’re affordable, non-restricted apps, and available in abundance, especially in developing countries and they can exploit the loopholes in the Android’s system using their expertise.
- Not so app-ropriate! Isis wallet app to rebrand over shared name with jihadists
- Pure insanity: ISIS makes shopkeepers cover mannequin's faces
- This is how an Iraqi soldier outwitted ISIS jihadists and survived a mass execution
- Would you like an ISIS magazine with your fried chicken? ISIS Al Mustaqbal magazine now available in Indonesia
- Young ISIS love! Scottish teenager drops out of uni to marry an ISIS Syrian fighter